Things you may need to further your career

• 7 Replies

MusicGateway

• Busker
    • Music Gateway
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
I’m guessing that on this forum there are a broad range of people at different stages of their career, for some of you, songwriting might be a hobby, whereas others might be making money from it, but surely everyone wants to get to the next step.

So what opportunities or services do you feel you currently lack that would help you achieve your goals?

OR maybe you need better access to certain types of industry folk - who would they be? (for example publishers etc)

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
Corsairs going to love you  ;D

You may need to show some credentials ..and specifics as too your abilities..i`m sure everyone here ,needs something.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:52:52 PM by songsthatcry »

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
Where to start......A Guild tsr t500 would be nice, a Floating floor for my shed, I've always thought one of those silver aluminium american mobile homes would do wonders for my career...The list is endless.  What are you selling mate ?  or are you a songwriter, looking for info ?
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
A huge penis, that's all I'm missing
Defective Elector

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
a good spam filter
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
a good spam filter

You win. But then again I don't think this is quite spam.

Realistically though, what I'd need for any level of success in this place is a decent scene for the sort of music I play. There's huge scenes for Reggae, RnB and (yes, of course) Pop. The closest we get to rock is the substantial metal scene, but they're all presently occupied with the steaming piles of cow crap that are Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria etc etc.

So yeah, if I ever want to have a 'shot' as it were I'd have to, at the very least, move to Australia and start playing as many gigs as humanly possible. I could do the same in the US, but tbh I'd rather head there once I had a bit of a following in Australia.

No wait, I need a band first.
Defective Elector

MusicGateway

• Busker
    • Music Gateway
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
a good spam filter

lol... It's not spam, it's a genuine question. There seems to be no place to get direct answers to this question other than forums, seeing as it's going to be different for everybody.

Just trying to thoroughly devise something that will help musicians and seeing if there's anything we've missed.

In answer to the questions "what are you trying to sell?"
- Just trying to get some information on what stops people progressing at the rate they should, that's all. Not trying to sell something via this post, Though I understand that's how it looks...

"are you a songwriter?"
- yes, but i don't want to start stepping over self promotional boundaries even more than it seems I already have haha

Tell you what I'll do, how about I remove all the sig and info stuff from the profile... Will I be a bit more welcome then? (even if it's just a little bit)

Smiley faces? :)?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »
I don`t think you`ve made yourself clear..it`s not a question of feeling welcome or not....it`s just opportunists abound..looking to exploit or cash in on others talents!..

Your asking a question...but it sounded like your offering a service......i mean..i you doing some sort of research??