Income Taxes

• 1 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: March 10, 2018, 12:26:05 AM »
This has nothing to do with music, but I need to brag to someone. It's income tax season in the U.S. and I just finished the last income tax return for the last person. I used to do accounting and income taxes for a living, but now I only do four--for me, both my kids, and my parents. Although, this year a professional finished my daughter's...my tax software was being annoying and not doing it right and getting hold of any kind of support was not possible without waiting on the phone for 4 hours. So I took hers to a professional who did it for cheap because I had already done all the work.

After going back and forth with the software company a few times, the end result was--I can keep using the software for the season, and I get my money back.

Oh, and a little more bragging. A couple years ago my daughter's husband's doubts about my skill at doing tax returns came to a head when they owed more money than either of them thought they should. So I referred them to someone I know who is very good. For $200 they got their tax returns back--with exactly the same results as I had gotten.  ;D