konalavadome

It's here!! - DECEMBER SONG OF THE MONTH!!

• 27 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:13:47 AM »
Right, the fun's over.

So, here are the nominations for December Song of the Month.

Competition as before open only to those with 100 posts or more which unfortunately disqualifies any newer members - your time will come!
It does have the benefit of going some way towards weeding out those who post their own songs for review but don't reciprocate. (I've been dying for an opportunity to say that, ha ha!!)

I haven't discriminated on grounds of production quality as it's the song we're concerned with principally. It just so happens that all of the nominations are good sound productions as well.

It would perhaps be difficult for some personal bias not to creep in but I think that anybody else would probably have made much the same choice as I have.

In no particular order.....

retrononomusic - Going Somewhere Soon

montydog - Tennessee Honey

The Butcher - Astray

Becky née Caco - Kintsugi

Alan Starkie - Pocketful of Snow

Give these songs another deserved listen and get your votes in!

PM me with your vote please!

Voting will close 15th Jan midnight GMT or thereabouts!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:35:35 AM by cramer1930 »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:39:46 PM »
Ooh how exciting  ;D what a lovely start to the year - thank you for the nomination  ;D  ;D  ;D

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
Difficult choice this month but I've voted. One way of tipping one's hat to all the talented songwriters on the forum.

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
Part of quote:  'It does have the benefit of going some way towards weeding out those who post their own songs for review but don't reciprocate'.

I could be one of those 'weeded out' (not that I have put anything on here I would have thought worth nominating  :) because I have only written a few reviews. I find that there are so many posts of new works that I don't have time to study them and get round to forming an opinion although quite a few lodge in my mind to think about!
Also, I have put time and thought into setting words posted on here to music which is a contribution in another way.
Lastly, over recent times, I have  home commitments caring for someone ill ( even myself) and that has been emotionally and physically tiring, not to mention time-consuming.

I just wanted to say this because maybe others have good reasons why they can't always reciprocate even though posting songs themselves.

As said, I wouldn't think anything I have posted would be worth going up as a competition nomination, but it is just the thought that I could be one of those classed as a poster to be 'weeded out' because of not many reviews.  ;D

I hope this doesn't sound too outspoken, especially as I was quite a new member.
Good luck with the competition! :)

Marrianna

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
Hey Marianna!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Apart from the 100 posts rule for competitions, there aren't any strict rules on how much you must review - more a general guidance that you should make an effort to contribute as much as you get from the forum as that's the only way the forum can really work.

It seems to me you're already doing that, so I don't think you need to worry!

;D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:40 PM »
Wow - this is a brilliant shortlist :o Hardest song of the month choice for some time I think...

Don't forget to listen and vote, folks :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
Hey Marianna!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Apart from the 100 posts rule for competitions, there aren't any strict rules on how much you must review - more a general guidance that you should make an effort to contribute as much as you get from the forum as that's the only way the forum can really work.

It seems to me you're already doing that, so I don't think you need to worry!

;D

Thanks for your reply, Becky, and trying to explain.

In the rules I have seen that:
quote 'if your song isn't being reviewed and coincidentally you're not offering reviews of other people's work you lose the right to bump. Your thread may be closed or deleted. You have been warned!

:(  Marrianna

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
I'm flattered to be nominated in such talented company. Good luck to all.

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 09:18:15 AM »
@ Alan

same here :)

Thank you !

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
Right, the weekend is here.

No excuse now not to sacrifice a little time to give these songs a listen and vote for the one which you think deserves the great accolade of December song of the month.

So far I've had a miserable 6 votes.

Thanks to those who've taken the time to vote.

Those who haven't.....DO IT NOW!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 11:16:56 AM »
had a miserable 6 votes.

Mine was pretty happy vote given the quality of shortlist. Come on forumites they're definitely worth a listen and a quick pm
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Dogmax

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 09:55:18 PM »
Just after voting so come on everybody, Rock & Roll your way over to the polling station or you wont be invited to the after Winner party, i got my new tuxedo and bow tie press and iron or maybe that should be iron and press but anyway, they're now lay out under the mattress    8)

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
Thanks to those who have voted so far, all 9 of you.

People, the closing date for votes is drawing very near.

Please get off your arses and vote.

Show your support for the singers and songwriters who have given so much listening pleasure over the last weeks.

VOTE NOW
Take it easy.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
I'm presuming 5 of those are us 5?

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 09:22:59 PM »
Anyone who chooses to make a personal declaration that they have voted or not - fine.

Otherwise don't think it would be appropriate for me to say anything.

In other words, I ain't tellin'

And while I'm here....

Please

VOTE NOW
Take it easy.