konalavadome

"LISTEN" a reggae earth song!

• 31 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
Hi guys :) this is the very 1st song I ever posted on this forum, but I'd like to reintroduce it with a

video that I've been working on for some time now :P  

I'd love to know what you think of the video as well as the song :)

I hope you enjoy  :) :)

thanks for listening :)

Got to start a revolution, got to rev up the evolution of the soul

Listen, won't you listen, can't you hear our mother crying
Listen, won't you listen, can't you hear the earth she's crying

Children of the earth, it's time for us to wake
The earth's alarms been ringing, to stop this senseless waste
We've bought the illusion, of the endless supply
Now comes the consequences of this lie

Children of the earth, look what we have done
Corporation junkies, controlling everyone
No heart, no soul, just constant greed
Raping our mother until she bleeds

Poison, in the system, and we think that she's surviving

spoken part

The silent, spring is coming, as the seeds of life are dying

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:52:48 PM by crystalsuzy »

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:11:46 PM »
Hi guys :) this is the very 1st song I ever posted on this forum, but I'd like to reintroduce it with a

video that I've been working on for ever  :P I hope you enjoy  :) I will post the lyrics tomorrow :)

I love the Reggae lyrics. Brilliant stuff. Very, very profound and a much needed "Wake Up Call" . The video marrys beautifully to your lyrics. Well done and Good luck with it.

thanks for listening :)

Poet and Lyricist always looking to collaborate. Write mostly out the box lyrics in most genres.
Amateur model, painter, love ceramics and sculpture. Make teddy bears, do belly dancing and love gardening especially roses

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
Hi  Suze.......:)
                      Wow!  I am impressed with the video & clearly a lot of work  has gone into it :) The lyrics  are meaningful &  very much a statement & protest of the type associated  with old school reggae.  I like the  none music & hypnotic spoken bits around 2.50  You are very good at that & the fade & mix is flawless & seamless.
                           Vocal  delivery  very apt & nicely done       Glad you posted this  :)  Stylus :)

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:27 PM »
Hi Suzy

Love that intro and the music really is refreshing I enjoyed it a lot
Yes pls post the lyrics I'd like to read them,
The work you put into the vid was worth it cos its stunning
Suzy thank you for reposting this as usual I loved what you did

All round beautiful job well done your efforts paid off

Tony...

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
CS, Hi seem to remember this and enjoyed it the first time around and it just has a great vice to it, which fits the subject perfectly. And the loose but effective phased guitar. Then the godess Mother turns up half way through..
Inventive
 :)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
Bouncing number. Has a space type feeling mixed nicely into the reggae groove to match the start of the the video. Great effects on the vocals- they blend in perfectly with the track. The bridge is awesome- I love the effects and the almost hypnotic 'I am your mother' delivery. I love the slightly spaced out twist this took on reggae- very original and defo worth another listen!

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:29 AM »
You never made a comment Gwyneth, but thanks for listening :) :)

Thanks for listening Stylus and your kind comments :) you of all people know how much work can go into the making of a video, so thanks for that acknowledgement :) this is only my 2nd attempt so still learning my way around ::) the message is nothing new, but if enough of us say it in our own words, maybe it'll help to make a change :) :)

Thanks tony, you are always so supportive :) I'm so happy you liked the video and the song :)
I've put the lyrics up just for you  :) :)

Thanks Neil I'm so happy you liked the vibe of this, the loose guitar and Mother Earth :) :) she obviously had to make an appearance   :):)

Thanks Sing4me88 :) it's definitely spaced out but at the same time, down to earth :) thanks for the vote of confidence on the vocals and I'm delighted you liked the bridge :) when I get a "very original" comment, it makes my day :) :)

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »
the percussion, bass is really good.

the guitar s great too. The whole mix + instrumental is really good.

I still think you could improve the singing. You do a lot of Fx and doubling.

Still, i think with a song like that, the vocals should be a little more "in ya face" - the way you sing the words here seem to be a little too smooth for a reaggea, protest song :)

but that s just me.

the song is really cool

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »

WOOOOOOW

suzy I loved those lyrics and you covered this topic so well
 the verse below is an absolute credit to you any one writing that verse
 would be proud I know I would beautiful job very well done

WHAT A VERSE,  VERSE OF THE MONTH FOR ME LOVED IT SUZY TAKE A BOW

tony...

joejohnstun

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 03:26:53 AM »

Cute wordplays. I don't usually like preachy songs, but the clever cancels out the preachy by far.

I don't know if maybe it's a reggae thing, but I'm feeling like maybe there's way too much cathedral-esque reverb on the vocals. If your singing about earth and grassroots but then you're in a huge auditorium or train station, it kind of sends mixed messages.

The lyrics are now making me cringe. In a good way, in a moving sort of way, cuz I think that's your point.

I think perhaps the choir of ahhhs and ohhhs that sometimes cut in in the background may be kind of out of place. They at least push the preachy vibe, which I really didn't want to feel.

JJ.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:29 AM »
the percussion, bass is really good.

the guitar s great too. The whole mix + instrumental is really good.

I still think you could improve the singing. You do a lot of Fx and doubling.

Still, i think with a song like that, the vocals should be a little more "in ya face" - the way you sing the words here seem to be a little too smooth for a reaggea, protest song :)

but that s just me.

the song is really cool

Thanks so much for listening  :) glad you liked the song :) vocals are always my weakness when producing a song because basically, I can't really sing that well, so I do a lot of doubling and fx :-[

I know this is a protest song, but it's not your typical fight for your rights with physical action feel :)

it's trying to encourage each of to seek our own inner peace by going inside ourselves, to find the peace/love that lies within each of us :) this will then spread throughout humanity and thus save the world :)
it may sound a little simplistic, but IMO, it's the only way we're going to save ourselves :)

so with that in mind, I thought the softer vocal approach sounded more appropriate :)

but what do I know :) :) thanks again for kind comments

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
Hi CS, up front let me say that reggae is one of my least favourite genres :o, so I wasn't expecting to get to the end of this, but you succeeded in keeping me there till the end well done. The reggae was a light enough touch for me to get along with it, and the fantasy mother earth section worked really well. Guitars sounded great in a nice arrangement! Not sure you've converted me to reggae but a good post, nice one! ;D
Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
I agree with others that this is instrumentally great; I particularly like the guitar playing. The lyrics become more and more relevant with each passing day - you've done a good job on those. It's the singing that slightly lets this down. It lacks confidence and authority. It's still a great song though.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »

WOOOOOOW

suzy I loved those lyrics and you covered this topic so well
 the verse below is an absolute credit to you any one writing that verse
 would be proud I know I would beautiful job very well done

WHAT A VERSE,  VERSE OF THE MONTH FOR ME LOVED IT SUZY TAKE A BOW

tony...

I'm humbled tony :) you've made my day, especially coming from one of the best lyricists on this forum, thanks you tony :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 12:43:14 PM »

Cute wordplays. I don't usually like preachy songs, but the clever cancels out the preachy by far.

I don't know if maybe it's a reggae thing, but I'm feeling like maybe there's way too much cathedral-esque reverb on the vocals. If your singing about earth and grassroots but then you're in a huge auditorium or train station, it kind of sends mixed messages.

The lyrics are now making me cringe. In a good way, in a moving sort of way, cuz I think that's your point.

I think perhaps the choir of ahhhs and ohhhs that sometimes cut in in the background may be kind of out of place. They at least push the preachy vibe, which I really didn't want to feel.

JJ.
thanks for listening and your kind review JJ :) I guess you're new, so welcome to this forum :)

This was not meant to sound preachy, so I'm glad it didn't to you :) but it is meant to hopefully make people think about possible solutions to the very serious situation our planet is in :)

I'll refer you to what I said in response to TheButcher's review, regarding my vocal delivery :)

It's grassroots, but it's spiritual as well, so I guess that's the mixed vibe I was going for:)

thanks again...CS