konalavadome

Welcome

• 38 Replies

Kristupas

• Busker
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
Liked it really :)

I wrote the review while listening, thus the review was as cryptic as the song ;)

By the way,
listened to it again today ;)
your voice from time to time   a bit  reminded me of Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys ) ;)

K

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

HEY JATHON WOOOOOOOOOW FANTASTIC

reading through the lyric just made my day really loved it
 lots of word play rolled out nicely I think this worked so well
 too many good lines to pick out one

very well performed as well that can't have been easy lots to remember
 but you did it great, also enjoyed the way you finished it 100% effort

I could see this song being picked up and going places

and I'm with seriousfun always be yourself I'd rather get to know the real YOU
   than the someone hiding behind a mask very artistic great job

MORE MORE MORE TAKE A BOW

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
Fantastic! Amazing! Brilliant!  :o and so very far out there, that I can hardly contain myself :o :o

Thanks so much for this little glimpse into your seemingly magical, yet somewhat bizarre world  ::)

Definitely one of my favourites so far, and I love the green  :)

Keep them coming my musical brother...keep me in awe :) :) :)

Jathon Delsy

• Open Mic
  • The Twisted Troubadour of Fleeting Fantasia
    • Jathon Delsy
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »
Thanks so much to everybody for such positive reviews and comments. I had many doubts about this piece while creating it - I thought that it was too complicated, too many unrelated sections, too many chops and changes etc, but despite my efforts to simplify things I could not conceive of a more straightforward structure that worked logically, so I was stuck with this.
But in the end it seems to work! Sometimes us artists have to press on despite our doubts!!!!

Roald

• Busker
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »
LOVED THIS..! You are REAL man..! The arrangement is fantastic, the ideas behind the song equally brilliant... Intelligent chords schemes... One big musical roller coaster ride..! You are the real deal....

The Quark Remark

• Busker
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
Hey!

Cool video! I like how you fit your clothes to the picture next to you!
It is very theatrical. I really like that! The accent too! I am german, so I don`t know if this is maybe an english, welsh or.. accent: but it sounds cool!

Good job! Perfect for a musical;)

Jathon Delsy

• Open Mic
    • Jathon Delsy
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Hey!

Cool video! I like how you fit your clothes to the picture next to you!
It is very theatrical. I really like that! The accent too! I am german, so I don`t know if this is maybe an english, welsh or.. accent: but it sounds cool!

Good job! Perfect for a musical;)
The accent, for all you non-britishers, is working-class London, or Lahndan as I say. Americans tend to think it quaint or humorous. As it has of recent years become a bit trendy, some think I'm putting it on. But it's exactly how I speak, how my parents and peers speak, and have always spoken, being, as I am, a real life indigenous working-class Londoner,,,,,

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »
I love hearing a singer with a Cockney accent. That, alone, brings a smile to my face.
(I'm a big Ian Dury fan.)
But this is no Ian Dury song. This is some pretty serious proggy stuff: lots of thick, layered harmonies, key changes, and different movements and stuff like that.
The instrumentation: I'm assuming that you got those instruments on Garageband or something like that and didn't actually have access to all those string players, winds and whatnot.
No matter… at any rate, it's all extremely well-done, beautifully arranged, and just a very cool song.

I'm not much of a prog guy these days, but I really enjoyed this nonetheless.
Dig it!

Jathon Delsy

• Open Mic
    • Jathon Delsy
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »
I love hearing a singer with a Cockney accent. That, alone, brings a smile to my face.
(I'm a big Ian Dury fan.)
But this is no Ian Dury song. This is some pretty serious proggy stuff: lots of thick, layered harmonies, key changes, and different movements and stuff like that.
The instrumentation: I'm assuming that you got those instruments on Garageband or something like that and didn't actually have access to all those string players, winds and whatnot.
No matter… at any rate, it's all extremely well-done, beautifully arranged, and just a very cool song.

I'm not much of a prog guy these days, but I really enjoyed this nonetheless.
Dig it!
The strings are Vienna Instruments Special Edition, sequenced through Logic, and lovingly sculptured with automation and whatnot to create a sense of verisimilitude,,,,