konalavadome

The Irish Famine (The Video)

• 25 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »
This is scarily good... I mean really, really, really damn GOOD! The video, spoken word and music all marry so well. A very emotive topic with all the raw emotion of anger, melancholia, sorrow etc encapsulated  perfectly in this. Put me in mind of a Damien Dempsey number like Colony, Apple of my Eye or Ghosts of Overdoses. He's incredibly talented in tackling this issues of social and political injustice so that s a testament to your ability as showcased in this magnificent number:)

Dogmax

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »
really nice, great lyrics, the spoken word really suits the story, was that a flute that came in at 2:12 ? god i loved that! i wasnt expecting it too, only thing i might suggest wold be a little more of it :) maybe softly in the background? even just after its finished its instrumental, it could maybe play nice and soft back behind you...

i enjoyed this very much,
i'm guessing your irish from the song :) where are you from? i'm from Donegal :)

Thanks Kevin that magic flute was play by the brilliant Al Kelly, we keep in touch and im hoping that sometime in the future i will have good reason to team up with him again, but that all depends on how a few ideas of mine works out, yeah would love to add more to this song to really bring out the Celtic feel to it, maybe someday   ;)

I'm from Dundalk, me and my Wife drove round Donegal many years back a beautiful part of Ireland, thanks again Kevin looking forward to hearing more songs from you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:51:27 AM by Dogmax »

Dogmax

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
This is scarily good... I mean really, really, really damn GOOD! The video, spoken word and music all marry so well. A very emotive topic with all the raw emotion of anger, melancholia, sorrow etc encapsulated  perfectly in this. Put me in mind of a Damien Dempsey number like Colony, Apple of my Eye or Ghosts of Overdoses. He's incredibly talented in tackling this issues of social and political injustice so that s a testament to your ability as showcased in this magnificent number:)

Thanks Sing4me88 your review like all here has giving this songwriting journey of mine a new lease of life, you mention the wonderful artist Damien Dempsey, what i love about him is he bring a new wave of understanding history with his songs and you're right, he is incredibly talented in tackling this issues of social and political injustice, truly a Great Artist, i reminded myself of his songs that you mention and his song Colony reminded me of a song i wrote call The White Man Come.

Its now printed in my future post of songs, Hopefully, really delighted you liked this many Thanks Sing4me88

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »

just played this for my dad

he was almost in tears he told me to tell you you're a credit to Ireland

he really enjoyed that mate really good stuff

had to let you know

take care

tony..                 

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
Haunting song and great lyrics nicely delivered. Loved the flute...just perfect.
Although the subject is of a devastating, tragic event, it doesn't come across as an overly sad song more a testament to the endurance of the human spirit in the face of adversity, and the ability to rise again and finally, to not forget the past, but to also look to the future, together, in peace.
Nicely done and the sound was great too!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Dogmax

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »

just played this for my dad

he was almost in tears he told me to tell you you're a credit to Ireland

he really enjoyed that mate really good stuff

had to let you know

take care

tony..                 

Thanks Tony and tell your Dad he made my Day, Really means a lot to me to know that, tell Him i said THANKS.

Dogmax

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
Haunting song and great lyrics nicely delivered. Loved the flute...just perfect.
Although the subject is of a devastating, tragic event, it doesn't come across as an overly sad song more a testament to the endurance of the human spirit in the face of adversity, and the ability to rise again and finally, to not forget the past, but to also look to the future, together, in peace.
Nicely done and the sound was great too!

Thanks Cramer, your words says it all Man, Many Thanks for that.

Tomo

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »
Beautiful music and great poem. I was little confused when I listen to it first time because your music was very new to me and I was not ready for it. But I got beautiful tune and powerful poem after I listen again. Great job and very creative work  :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »
**goosebumps** :o

Wow.... I wasn't expecting this. I'm a massive fan of spoken words with music, and it's something I've often wanted to try myself. You've really pulled it off Pat, very well done.

I would say that I agree a few of the words are buried/ a bit mumbled, but I think you could fix this in the mix, just by riding the vocal channel fader a little.

Very atmospheric and evocative. Really pleased I heard this :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dogmax

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »
Beautiful music and great poem. I was little confused when I listen to it first time because your music was very new to me and I was not ready for it. But I got beautiful tune and powerful poem after I listen again. Great job and very creative work  :)

Thanks Tomo great to read your words when i get a chance ill listen to your song but at the moment I'm having some serious problems with my PC (started a few weeks back) I'm using my Wife laptop  but really really delighted you liked it, Thanks again.

Dogmax

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 10:54:04 PM »
**goosebumps** :o

Wow.... I wasn't expecting this. I'm a massive fan of spoken words with music, and it's something I've often wanted to try myself. You've really pulled it off Pat, very well done.

I would say that I agree a few of the words are buried/ a bit mumbled, but I think you could fix this in the mix, just by riding the vocal channel fader a little.

Very atmospheric and evocative. Really pleased I heard this :)

Thanks Tone yeah i understand what you're saying about the words (are buried/ a bit mumbled) this was recorded before i started posting my songs online (studio recorded) one of the things i love about reviews is when people let me know about everything they hear which i find a great help, its something that has made me listen to every word every chord when I'm recording so its something i always welcome.

I wrote this song about 25 30 years back it started of as an idea for a short story but when i wrote this it ended up a poem and when i put chords to it i just spoke it as a poem, the strange thing about it is out of all the songs i wrote then this one is the only one i done as a spoken word song it just felt the right way to do it, old saying go with the flow of the story in what the lyrics is telling you.

If you want i can send you the lyrics and chords you can record it and you might get an idea to do something of your own in the spoken word way.

Many Thanks Tone  really delighted you liked it.