Hi everyone!

• 3 Replies

Tykleton

• Busker
« on: January 26, 2024, 11:23:43 PM »
Hi all!

I've just signed up and thought I'd come on and say hello

A bit about me; I've always dabbled with writing songs in the privacy of my own home and always dreamt of being in a band. Unfortunately I suffer from anxiety issues and putting myself out there like that is just a bridge too far for me at the moment. But joining a forum full of like-minded people is a good step so I'm giving it a go! I've been contemplating signing up for a while and here I am!

In terms of musical influences, my favourite bands are Joy Division, Radiohead, New Order, The Smiths, The Fall amongst others

Looking forward to sharing a few of my songs in the future and listening to your creations too, as well as getting involved in some of the discussions!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 07:33:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Tykleton Feel free to jump right in there. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it here. Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff  :)

Whiskey Club

• Open Mic
    • Whiskey Club
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 09:12:07 AM »
@Tykleton Good call joining the forum.  I’m new here too and it’s been a rewarding experience.  I also have anxiety issues when it comes to my music.  I was reluctant to share my stuff with anyone other than a few friends.  But you join a forum like this, get some constructive feedback and some comments about what you do well and it does wonders for your confidence.  Looking forward to hearing your music.

Cheers - John.

Theresa

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 12:03:30 AM »
Welcome welcome! I am new here too, but I don't regret joining at all! People here are both gentle and helpful, and they post amazing stuff. Looking forward to hearing your stuff too. Cheers!