Getting it heard

• 1 Replies

Koolkat

• Busker
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »
What is the best way of getting as much exposure as possible for a song on the basis that if it is any good, someone may approach you rather than you trawl round the record companies and producers?

I know this has happened on occasions and I think Youtube may have been instumental (pun!) in some of the cases. What other ways of promoting singles yourself are there?

Onelabel

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »
What is the best way of getting as much exposure as possible for a song on the basis that if it is any good, someone may approach you rather than you trawl round the record companies and producers?

I know this has happened on occasions and I think Youtube may have been instumental (pun!) in some of the cases. What other ways of promoting singles yourself are there?

Assuming the quality of the recording is good enough I would say BBC Introducing is an excellent way of getting your stuff heard - plus theyre prepared to go with most music genres.

TBH Youtube is overrated as thousands of songs are loaded every single day  - so its incredibly difficult to get views